Weekly Update: November 18-December 1
Posted by TNCS on Nov 17, 2017
Monday, November 27
- Professional Development Day, no classes
Thursday, November 30
- Last day to purchase raffle tickets!
- MS Drama Production, 7pm, Greenwood Commons
Friday, December 1
- TNCS Giving Day, Tier 2 with a t-shirt for those who donate $5 or more
- Last day of 1st semester clubs
- MS Drama Production, 2:30pm, ACCA Temple
Academic teachers have posted interim grades for the 2nd quarter on Portals. Teachers of grades 5, 6, and 7 have posted descriptions of their class’ activities for the past month.
Congratulations to the TNCS Sabernetics Robotics Team for their performance at their Regional Tournament at Godwin High School. The team was awarded the Judges Award which is given to a team whose unique efforts, performance, or dynamics merit recognition.
Has your student mentioned Test Mode? This is a user profile added to 8-12th grade student laptops. This profile provides a ‘clean,’ less distracting environment for testing. Teachers use a secure password to activate this profile during some tests and exams. Please contact Mrs. DelMonte if you have any questions concerning Test Mode.
- During dismissal, please treat the loop as a single-lane road. Please do not pass other cars once your student has loaded. Cars should drive along the center of the road in order to provide a comfortable “cushion” of space.
- When waiting for your basketball player to finish practice, please wait in a parking space in the Gym lot if one is available. If the Gym lot is full, please feel free to wait in the new gravel lot at the far end of the Activities Center.
NHS Breakfast Sale
When we return from Thanksgiving Break the members of NHS will begin selling breakfast items in Founders Hall before school (7:30–7:50am) and snack items after school (3:30–3:50pm). We invite students to purchase items on a cash basis. Food sales will be three days per week – Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
MS Drama Production
- Thursday, November 30th at 7:00pm in Greenwood Commons
- Friday, December 1st at 2:30 at ACCA Temple, across the street
Friday, December 1st is dedicated as a TNCS Giving Day supporting patients undergoing chemo treatments at VCU. To participate, students may dress in tier two attire with a t-shirt when they donate $5. All proceeds will go to pay for Chemo Care Kit items such as lip balm, ginger-flavored candy, tissues, etc. The Upper School students will be putting these Chemo Care Kits together as a service project on Wednesday, December 13th as part of their Holiday Celebration. We encourage all students and faculty to participate!
Clubs on Friday
We will have our final round of first semester clubs on Friday, December 1st for both Middle School and Upper School students.
Opportunity to Host an Exchange Student
A current TNCS parent is looking for host families for two Chilean students. They will be in Virginia for 2 months (December 17-February 15). Each student has met high standards of academic accomplishments, English aptitude, and church involvement. If interested, click here for more information on the exchange program and the students. You can also search Chilean Youth Exchange Program on Facebook or contact the coordinator, TNCS parent Cheryl Lafferty at 804.314.4925, firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is December 1. Note: This program is not affiliated with TNCS.
Parents Association Fall Raffle
- Last chance to purchase is November 30! Tickets can be purchased online or contact Virginia in the Development office to pick up tickets to sell.
- Sellers will be on campus at student pick-up on 11/29, and at the MS Drama Production on 11/30.
- There are 3 different packages: full details online
- Drawing to take place on December 1. Winners will be notified.
- All funds raised will go directly back to TNCS, providing support for academics, student life, technology, and more!
Click here to sign up to help sell tickets at 11/29 pick-up, and/or MS Drama Production!
Game schedules and scores can be found on www.tncsathletics.org.
Mondays are pizza days for lunch at TNCS, to benefit the athletic department. Slices of cheese and pepperoni pizza from Domino’s are available. Students place their order on sheets posted on campus. Pizza is $1.50/slice. Drinks are also available for $1.00. Both are billed to the student’s account. Cash is not accepted.
We are looking for parent volunteers to help serve pizza on Mondays from 11:45am – 1:15. Click here to sign up to help!
Jason’s Deli Lunch Options Tuesday – Thursday
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays students are able to purchase in advance lunches from Jason’s Deli. Orders are submitted online by noon the day before delivery. Click here for the order form, which can also be found via a link at the top of the school’s homepage.
Food Truck Fridays
Join us for our Food Truck Fridays! Upper School Lunch, 11:53 – 12:26; Middle School Lunch, 12:33 – 1:06.
- December 1 – Pizza Day – Proceeds benefit Saber Athletics
- December 8 – The Boardwalk
- December 15 – Exams and Group Projects – No Lunch on Campus